Project Manager – Renewable Energy
Project Manager- Permanent Role
Midlands/North east/North West
upto £34k per annum
A well established Manufacturer has an excellent opportunity for a candidate to join their Contracting Division as a Contract Project Manager, mainly focussing on the Midlands, North East and North West.
Our client provides a fully MCS accredited ground source heat pump installation service that fits with existing supply chains and client requirements. They can deliver a turnkey package and flexible contractual solutions.
They assume responsibility for the entire project, spanning the ground array, heat pump, and heat distribution system, including sizing, design, purchasing, installation, and management of sub-contractors across the three stages of the heat pump installation.
Main Purpose of Job:
- To supervise and manage delivery of ground source heat pump installation projects. Educate, coordinate and supervise sub-contractors to ensure their work is to an agreed quality, is on time and meets the requirements of MCS, ECO, RHI and building regulations. Liaise with householders, sub-contractors, social housing landlords and all staff to ensure everyone is aware of project schedules and fully understands the installation process and what impacts it may have on property use.
- Attend pre-contract meetings with social landlords, advise on contractual requirements, valuations and health and safety issues. Prepare construction phase plans including risk assessments and health and safety policies. Ensure all site operatives adhere to health and safety requirements.
The successful Project Manager will be dealing with Clients, social housing landlords, construction companies, social housing tenants, distributors, installers and suppliers.
- To detail project requirements to all sub-contractors to allow them to provide detailed quotations.
- Select appropriate sub-contractors based on balancing a range of factors including price, quality,
- experience and suitability.
- Approve new sub-contractors including making them fully aware of terms and conditions, checking their qualifications, trade body membership and insurances.
- Produce a detailed project schedule, construction phase plan and risk assessments and provide these to the client.
- To coordinate the timing of product deliveries and the work of the various sub-contractors and communicate this to the householders.
- To train sub-contractors on the requirements of our client’s heat pumps and the specifics of each project.
- To supervise sub-contractors and deal with any issues that may arise.
- To record actual site progress and produce project valuations (usually monthly or bi-monthly) as evidence for invoicing purposes.
- To record commissioning information and verify compliance with building regulations and MCS.
- To support the sales team and client with pre-order technical information and guidance.
- Build a comprehensive knowledge of products and to keep updated with changes in product design and application.
- Deal with issues in a calm, non-confrontational and courteous manner.
- Responsibility for ensuring follow-up actions are taken and full information is recorded.
- Undertake training and to assist in training other members of staff as required.
- Actively and positively contribute to any appraisal process and to follow up agreed actions.
- Remain a positive ambassador at all times
- To work at all times in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to follow all company procedures and guidelines.
- To work at all times in accordance with the company’s Dignity & Diversity at Work Policy.
- Undertake such other duties as may be required within the general scope of the job.
- Experience of either Installing or Managing Plumbing & Heating systems/Projects
- Knowledge of Ground Source Heat Pumps (Desirable)
- City & Guilds, NVQ’s, Mechanical Engineering or similar qualifications
- We will consider applications from Lead Engineers who wish to take the next step in their career
- Salary between £24,000 – £34,000 DOE
- 28 days holiday including banks (Rises after 2 years)
- Company performance related pay plan
- Company Van
This is a Permanent role and could be home based or from an office but will involve travelling to active or potential sites anywhere in the country.