Technical Manager- Filled
upto £45k per annum
Our well established and professional Global Client has an excellent opportunity for a Technical Manager to join their team and grow their reputation as a Manufacturer of choice within the Installation, Consultancy and Merchant sectors.
Our Client is a leading manufacturer of high-technology heating products. It operates through a network of companies and distributors around the world, all well established in their own right and leaders in their respective product areas.
Focusing on sustainable energy solutions and since its foundation has been at the leading edge in developing and introducing innovative products which have high energy efficiency and reliability coupled with minimal environmental impact.
To provide management of the technical function within the business ensuring that a quality service is provided to both internal and external customers. To co-ordinate and control design, development and sales of all Heat Pump products in line with the company’s strategic plans. To contribute in the overall management and profitable objectives of the business.
- Assist in the sales and profit performance of the business
- Provide technical assistance to the external sales team to aid in the selling of heat pumps
- Provide technical assistance to existing and new customers
- Ensure that robust time management and call planning disciplines are adopted
- Manage the implementation and control of the price list.
- Develop and carry out training course with existing and new customers
- Liaise with other team members on a regular basis in pursuit of targets
- Gather market intelligence and feedback to the business
- Manage approvals in the UK e.g. QA, MCS SAP
- Raise awareness of the company brands
- Overall management of the technical function
- Provide assistance to a wide customer base on the technical operation of company products
- Review own performance and plan accordingly to ensure targets are achieved
- Report to Group Senior Directors
- Excellent communication skills
- Influence the development of new products
- Working with a small team and developing the business growth
- Plan and agree service level agreements in conjunction with colleagues
- Liaise closely with other departments of the business in including finance
- Understand and develop group wide best practices
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Understanding of business acumen and principles
- Commercially aware and strategically focussed
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical role associated with renewable products in particular heat pumps
- A willingness to learn and apply new knowledge.
- Background in the renewable heating industry preferred
- Ability to question longstanding principles and practices
- Ability to communicate effectively
- PC Literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft products
- Analytically astute
- Problem solver
- Salary up to £45,000
- 10% of salary bonus scheme
- Company Car
- Company Pension
- 25 days holiday plus banks
- Death in service