Senior Mechanical Estimator
Senior Mechanical Estimator- Permanent Role
Chelmsford or Cambridge
upto £55k per annum
Our client is a leading ‘complete solution’ provider of Mechanical and Electrical Installation and Maintenance services, working in both the public and private sectors.
They provide a fully integrated M&E Project Management service through teams of highly experienced technical staff and engineers. In addition, their Maintenance division provides a dedicated Planned, Preventative and Reactive Maintenance service tailored to meet customer and asset needs.
Established over 60 years ago you would be joining a very friendly family feel business who shows flexibility in their approach to all staff.
This is a great opportunity to work in an excellent working environment, as well as opportunities for career progression and further technical and personal development available.
Our client is one of the regions’ leading, privately owned Mechanical and Electrical
Services contractor, with a healthy order book and an excellent reputation for the quality of our work and client relationships.
The position of Senior Mechanical Estimator is to enable further growth of their highly successful team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the production of detailed tender bids, attending mid and post tender meetings and post tender control.
You will be expected to interface with both existing and prospective new clients. This position will involve the day-to-day management of the tender process to ensure
standards are maintained and deadlines are met. Candidates will need to demonstrate a broad knowledge of the industry and will have experience in a wide range of sectors, including Education, Commercial, Health, Pharmaceutical and Industrial projects.
This is a permanent position with strong career prospects.
Location of vacancy – Chelmsford or Cambridge
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Contracting background
- Formal qualifications not necessary
- HNC / HND or similar in a building services related qualification would be considered an advantage
- Proven track record in a similar position is essential
- Pro-active and approachable, lead by example
- Thorough and efficient
- Wide supplier and subcontractor knowledge
- Understanding of associated mechanical services
- Commercial acumen to ensure tenders are financially sound
- Flexible in approach to deadlines
- Computer literate with experience of ‘Estimation’ software
- Issuing/updating tender documents via an electronic control system
- Willing and able to work as part of a team with personal skills to promote good relationships and a friendly working environment
- Working in an integrated M&E team
We are also interested to hear from Estimators who are looking to take the next step in their career path.
- Basic Salary £55,000 Circa
- 23 days annual leave
- Company Pension
- Company Car OR Car Allowance offered
- Health Care
- Company Bonus scheme offered