Principal Mechanical Engineer
Principal Mechanical Engineer- Permanent Role
upto £53k per annum
Our client is an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
They are seeking a fully experienced Principal Mechanical Engineer to be based in their Oxford office with the ability to inspire others.
The successful Mechanical Engineer will have a minimum of seven years’ industry experience with the ability to run medium sized projects and undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
Skills will include the delivery of European data centre and mission critical projects. Other sector experience including commercial, hotel, retail and hotel design desirable. Experience will also include the coordination of engineering project services, with a proven track record in project management.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships of our sector portfolio.
You will possess good commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and capable of incorporating those technologies into the data centre sector. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in either consultancy or mission critical systems and is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent and hold membership of relevant institutions.
- Responsible for running of medium size projects
- Undertakes a client facing role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services
- Designs and specifies mechanical building systems, equipment, facilities, components and products
- Develops Mechanical engineering concepts and solutions
- Reports and reviews on Mechanical engineering options and makes final proposal
- Attend project design team meetings (perhaps overseas visits required) and co-ordinate with Architects, project managers, Structural Engineers etc
- Obtain from client and provide a clear and accurate brief to design office engineering team
- Visit design office with design briefing and partake in conference calls with design office engineers to discuss/review project technical requirements and deliverables
- Develop brief and disseminate to Engineering/CAD resource for each phase of project
- Provide expert technical advice and problem resolution to the design office
- Visit design office with briefing and mobilise the team
- Review deliverables from design office in accordance with briefing requirements sent to them
- Provide technical audit of deliverables from design office
- Present design proposals/solutions to client and design team
- Prepare specifications and co-ordinate with all other documentation
- Sign-off engineering documents/schedules/drawings/calculations received from design office
- Use computer assisted project software for both project related calculations and pro
- Ensure document control methods are being adhered to and quality control standards are being achieved
- Contribute to development of quality and technical standards within the office
- Acts in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics Practice to Guidelines
You will need to possess the following professional and technical expertise:
- Responsible for assigned Engineers
- Work independently within company company QA Systems
- Design reviews
- People management skills
- Clear (written as well as oral) Communication skills
- Salary £36,000 – £53,000 DOE
- 23 days annual leave rising to 28 days annual leave over 5 years’ service
- Group life insurance policy
- Contributory Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Ability to join Group Healthcare scheme (self-funded)
- Provided with a company laptop and smart phone
- Client employs a non-contractual bonus scheme that links personal bonus to company profit and individual performance. This is payable on an annual basis