Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer – Permanent Role
upto £40k per annum
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team.
Reporting into the Technical Applications Manager, this role is tasked with scoping out and designing heating systems based on accurately sought out information and a high level of mechanical design expertise.
- Fully assess the customer site, review the location / building and conduct a full site survey, accurately obtaining information to be used in the energy calculations.
- Execute accurate energy calculations including heat loss.
- Make informed recommendations about the system design and boiler size.
- Design of piping schemes for the biomass system using AutoCAD taking into account all customer requirements, space available and contingencies.
- Communicate recommendations with the Technical Design Engineer, Operations Managers, Project Managers and relevant staff and obtain approval.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with working drawings/ specification.
- Ensure that all company procedures, latest legislation, Quality, Health and Safety standards are incorporated into designs.
- Attend and make a valuable contribution to planning meetings.
- Monitoring/ reporting on Health & Safety.
- Provide technical input to installation projects throughout delivery process when required.
- Monitor all works against national standards and Quality, Health and Safety frameworks.
- Skillful management of the Design team ensuring that best practice and project schedules are maintained at all times.
- Provide training and development opportunities underpinned by the appraisal process.
- Ensuring positive and open communications internally.
- Provide training and development opportunities to the team.
- Manage the team and the delivery of their functions including frequent communications and regular performance appraisals.
- Operates with the utmost integrity, commitment and highest degree of self-motivation.
- A confident, professional and excellent communicator at all levels and in all working capacities including written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident, technically astute with an ability to achieve outcomes and deadlines.
- Strong work ethic with a positive outlook.
- Mature, credible, reliable, tolerant and determined.
- Keen for a new experience, responsibility and accountability.
- Able to get on with others and be an effective team-player.
- Ability to work under pressure, managing competing priorities, always punctual and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Good commercial awareness / skills
- Computer literacy in dealing with standard MS Office packages, including spreadsheets and data bases.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate in Mechanical Engineering or Building Engineering or similar.
- Strong numeracy skills with strong academic qualifications to support this.
- Current driving license.
- A broad understanding of engineering/HVAC systems.
- In depth experience of the mechanical design processes.
- Experience of working with AutoCAD.
- Experience of using ‘Energy-Pro’ heating software.
- Previous or current experience of the biomass / renewable energy sector is preferable.
- Health & Safety Qualification such as NEBOSH and/ or SMSTS would be desirable.
- Preferably a CIBSE accreditation.
- Good understanding of quality procedures.
- Basic Salary £35,000 – £40,000
- Pension up to 5% employer contribution
- Medical Insurance including family cover
- 40 hours a week