Technical Sales Manager
Our client has a new and exciting opportunity for a Renewable Energy Technical Sales Manager to cover mainly the M4 Corridor and South East regions. The successful Sales Manager will focus their business development on Commercial Biomass and Combined Heat and Power (CHP) technologies.
Actively and successfully manage the end-to-end sales process; sourcing new customers, scoping customer requirements, providing customer quotes and unique solutions. Key to this role is assessing the requirements of the customer and providing the best solution. Liaison with the relevant departments is required to ensure successful delivery. The role ensures that agreed targets and incoming revenue is met.
- Develop and manage key customer relationships in the region of responsibility in line with the business strategy.
- Ensure that all tasks are undertaken to deliver the business and sales strategy whilst providing excellent customer support.
- Provide consistent and proactive support to customers.
- Optimising service levels to customers and profitability for the company and associated companies
- Maintain a current knowledge and skills base of the market place, technology, services and government initiatives available.
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Proactively managing the ‘Sales Leads’ database ensuring follow up by the most appropriate colleague.
- Seek out and arrange visits to client sites and assess the suitability for biomass installation or other renewable technologies.
- Follow up on all sales leads and refer where appropriate.
- Implement all necessary steps throughout the process to move the client through the sales process, from an initial idea through to finalising the deal.
- Effectively demonstrate that our services would best satisfy client’s needs in terms of quality, price and delivery, negotiating contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs.
- Liaise with internal departments to deliver client quotations and administer client accounts.
- Conduct technical presentations to existing and prospective clients.
- Produce analysis and reports on sales activity as required.
- Provide training and produce support material for other members of the sales team.
- Utilise the CRM system to assist the sales process
- Assess and evaluate levels of client satisfaction and make recommendations based on these results.
- Provide excellent after-sales support services.
- Develop a long-term relationship with our clients through managing, interpreting and responding to their requirements.
- Operates with the utmost integrity, commitment and highest degree of self-motivation.
- Logical thinker who is able to recognise opportunities for creating new business sales and improving customer services.
- A confident, professional and excellent communicator at all levels and in all working capacities including negotiation, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to instil genuine confidence in others when communicating with drive, knowledge, energy and passion about our services.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Confident, commercially astute with an ability to achieve targets and deadlines.
- Credible, reliable, tolerant and determined.
- Keen for a new experience, responsibility and accountability.
- Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
- Computer literacy in dealing with standard MS Office packages, including spreadsheets and data bases.
- Travel will be required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous or current experience of the biomass / renewable energy sector is essential.
- Experience of successfully selling large scale biomass (1MW) boilers is desirable.
- Proven experience within a Technical Sales role with exceptional and demonstrable technical acumen.
- A general technical understanding of heating, plumbing or construction.
- Experience of using a Customer Relationship Management system.
- Have gained significant technical exposure through career to date.
- Basic Salary – £35,000 – £40,000 plus Commission
- OTE £100K
- Car Allowance £5K
- Pension Scheme and Family Medical Insurance