Project Quantity Surveyor
Our client is a Multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy and specialist land remediation contracting business with offices around the UK.
We have an opportunity for a Project Quantity Surveyor to join a highly skilled team reporting to the Commercial Manager based at the Bristol office, managing a number of projects including a recently won flagship project. The scopes of works generally involve ground improvement, remediation and groundworks.
The successful candidate can expect to be working in an industry-leading company with continuous outstanding results in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list. They will be expected to have a diverse skill set and be able to deal with challenges as they arise, providing sound commercial expertise.
Core job functions include
- Excellent client liaison
- Contract negotiation
- Change management
- Value engineering – always with a view to exceeding client expectations
- Building key lasting relationships
- Client monthly reporting
- Leading negotiations
- Regular site visits.
- Lead the commercial aspects of the project
- Preparation of cost forecasts
- Monthly cost value reporting
- Assessment and management of risk and opportunity
- Cash and value management
- Development of site specific record keeping and monitoring
- Sound subcontract procurement and administration
- Influence over key procured material supply
- Accepting only best practice
- Opportunity to develop procedures with the commercial team
- Output and efficiency monitoring, flagging/developing the most efficient way to conduct an activity
- Development of commercial awareness within the project teams.
The Successful Project QS
The candidate must be a driven individual with a heads up attitude and the ability to adjust in line with the various clients and teams with whom they will be working. An honest approach is key to the way the business operates with the reward of operating in a genuine, fun and supportive atmosphere.
- Strong communicator – Listening, interpretation and giving
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- NEC3 Experience is a must, options A, B and C
- Use of other various forms of contract, such as JCT, ICE, etc.
- Strong ability in using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- MRICS or equivalent, or working towards qualification
- Proven experience in running several concurrent projects
Salary – Competitive
Annual Leave – 25 days plus bank holidays increasing with service
Variety of Flexible benefitsApply Now