Our client is a design and manufacturing company based in Shrewsbury and due to continued growth are looking to recruit a part time Project Draughtsperson.
An expanding Shrewsbury based design, fabrication and fitting company installing products into the built environment across the UK working with the public sector and construction companies.
As a member of our Drawing Office you will use 2D and 3D CAD design packages to design bespoke steel fabrications. You will be expected to manage the whole process from client’s ideas through to full workshop ready drawings with cut lists and BOM etc….
- Production of 3d isometric views will be essential, an ability to create coloured 3D visualisations (3D studio max, keyshot or similar) would be an advantage
- This role has a high level of autonomy and responsibility without supervision
Typical duties expected will be
- Appraising and rationalising client’s drawings and aspirations
- Using hand sketches on drawings/photos to confirm clients ideas
- Appraising and rationalising surveyor’s site dimensions, drawing up accurate elevations based on these, educating surveyors on the key information you need
- Providing guidance and solutions, educating the client or clients architect in the possibilities and limitations of our systems
- Producing approval drawings
- Producing workshop ready drawings with BOM and Cut list etc…
- Taking occasional questions from manufacturers and fitters
- A willingness/ability to carry out Building and Site surveying including travelling would be an advantage although not essential
Hours of work: our client is willing to discuss this but is looking for someone to work part time
Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience