Electrical Design Engineer
Our client offers the expertise required for world-class building services design, including:
- Mechanical and electrical systems
- Building physics
- Air quality
- Façade performance
- Climate based daylight modelling
- Occupational analysis
- Public health engineering
- Vertical transportation
- Utility management services
- Low-and-zero carbon technologies
- Environmental assessment methods (e.g. BREEAM and LEED)
Our clients approach is to work collaboratively within the client and design team from the earliest concept stage. They proactively assist in the development of the brief so that we understand our client’s drivers and requirements and can support them to optimise the M&E design for their building. This ensures that M&E is ‘built-in’ and is simple and efficient, adding value throughout its life.
Covering all sectors, our client works for end user clients, investors, developers, contractors, architects, project managers and engineer-led project teams.
Their focus is on four key areas: contemporary design, value, simple solutions, and detail.
The Building Performance Engineering team is seeking an Electrical Design Engineer at intermediate to senior engineer level to join their team.
Potential candidates must be passionate about their work and have real enthusiasm for the industry. Your technical knowledge may come from academic study or practical site experience. This could be a time-served electrician who is looking to specialise in design, or someone who’s been working in design for a number of years.
Core job functions (dependent on seniority of role)
- Supporting or leading on a number of projects at any one time (typically up to five projects at differing stages)
- Early stage strategic input to design from site appraisal stage
- Detailed design to construction status information
- Liaison with design team, statutory authorities and contractors
- Undertake site surveys and inspection work
- Mentoring and development of junior staff is a key part of the role.
- A self-starter who is tenacious in concluding tasks
- Articulate communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Someone with ambition who is dynamic and enjoys change and variety
- Good sense of humour and self-motivated.
Salary – Competitive
Annual Leave – 25 days plus bank holidays increasing with service
Variety of Flexible benefits