Building Services Engineer
Birmingham or Manchester
Our client is a Multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy and specialist contracting services for construction, infrastructure and the environment with offices around the UK.
Rated as one of the best companies to work for in the UK, this represents a fantastic opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic and tenacious Building Services Engineer who wants to progress their career in a forward thinking, challenging and exciting environment.
Our client’s Building Performance Engineering business offers the expertise required for world-class environmental design of buildings including acoustics, building physics, façade performance, mechanical and electrical systems, lighting design, occupational analysis, public health engineering, and low-to-zero carbon technologies.
Covering all sectors, including commercial, industrial, manufacturing, logistics, heritage, retail, leisure and residential for end user clients, investors, developers, architects, project managers or engineer-led project teams. This diversity of work streams, and the fact that all of the team members work across every sector, means they are constantly cross-pollinating ideas.
From across all sectors, our client works for end user clients, investors, developers, contractors, architects, project managers and engineer-led project teams.
With all their clients, their focus is on four key areas: contemporary design, value, simple solutions, and detail.
The successful Building Services Engineer will be working collaboratively within the design team, highlighting options, helping to guide the design development and using our client’s expertise to help make key decisions – an approach that always results in a building that delivers. The Building Services Engineer assists in planning, designing and directing engineering projects within the business unit.
You may be an experienced Design Engineer or perhaps you are from a contracting or alternative design background.
Experience required in some or all of the below
- Mechanical and electrical systems
- Building physics
- Air quality
- Façade performance
- Climate based daylight modelling
- Occupational analysis
- Public health engineering
- Vertical transportation
- Utility management services
- Low-and-zero carbon technologies
- Environmental assessment methods (e.g. BREEAM and LEED)
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Building Services / Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Expert in computer operation for engineering design programs and CAD.
- Modify reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules
- Makes calculations, using engineering formulas and skills for design.
- General knowledge of system design within M&E sectors
- Salary – Very Competitive
- Our client offers many attractive benefits, the key points of which will be discussed with you on application
- Annual leave – 25 days increasing with service