Area Sales Manager – Heating Industry
South of England
£34k to £37k per annum plus bonus
An exciting vacancy has arisen for an Area Sales Manager working for an industry leader in quality home heating solutions, offering a comprehensive product range for domestic home heating and light commercial applications.
The successful Area Sales Manager will promote all company products to the market and increase market share by selling to Installers, Contractors, Merchant branches and any new potential customers. Promote the brand and values to all client groups.
This represents an excellent opportunity to work for a Company who is a leading heating manufacturer, with a product portfolio that includes domestic gas boilers, light commercial gas boilers, unvented cylinders, water heaters, solar thermal collectors and air source heat pumps.
- Ensure smooth day-to-day running of area sales operation.
- Ensure area/personal sales targets are met.
- Maintain and increase installer customer base.
- Visit all merchant branches in the area to exchange customer information, branch sales figures, special offers / promotions.
- Maintain and support data, keep accurate records and provide timely reports as required.
- Extensive travel in area of operations is expected; a number of evenings away from home each month will be expected. Accommodation card will be provided
- Utilising and updating CRM system with customer reports and new contacts as well as existing contacts.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- External sales experience – sales experience in the Heating industry or a strong technical sales background would be an advantage.
- Ability to self-motivate to achieve and exceed targets, maintaining professional standards of behaviour and attitude, as well as keeping order and discipline.
- Good geographical knowledge of the area.
- Well organised and methodical: ability to prioritise efficiently and effectively.
- First class telephone skills – polite manner, customer responsive attitude.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Good literacy and numeracy – GCSE English and Maths or equiv.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good technical understanding of boilers and heating systems would be an advantage but training will be provided.
- Systems literate: competent and self-sufficient use of relevant databases, and competent use of Microsoft Office systems, including e-mail.
- Full and clean driving licence.
- Ability to self-motivate and work well in a team.
- Professional attitude to customers with mature, positive outlook.
- Proactive attitude to all tasks, demonstrating high levels of energy and commitment.
- Methodical and accurate, ensuring keen attention to detail.
- Smart, presentable appearance, professional image.
- Results driven with a desire to achieve and exceed set targets.
- Basic Salary: Up to £34K -£37K per annum
- Annual Bonus up to £8,000 paid quarterly but not capped
- Benefits: Company car and Fuel Card, Pension, 25 days plus bank holidays plus lunch allowance