Architect or Architectural Technologist
Our client is a design and manufacturing company based in Shrewsbury and due to continued growth are looking to recruit a part time architect or architectural technologist to lead the design department and coordinate drawing and design stages.
An expanding Shrewsbury based design, fabrication and fitting company installing products into the built environment across the UK working with the public sector and construction companies.
Due to an increased workload our client is looking to take on a part time in house architect or architectural technologist. They must have at least 4 – 5 years relevant experience in an Architects Practice or design department preferably having worked on commercial schemes including schools.
You will not be expected to produce technical fabrication/engineering type drawings or 3D visualisations but you will need to understand these and be able to coordinate the whole design procedure from client’s initial ideas through approval stages, planning drawings, site set out details and fabrication drawings.
This role has a high level of autonomy and responsibility without supervision.
Typical duties expected will be
- Appraising and rationalising client’s drawings and aspirations.
- Using hand sketches on drawings/photos to confirm clients ideas
- Appraising and rationalising surveyor’s site dimensions, drawing up accurate elevations based on these, educating surveyors on the key information you need.
- Coordinating consultants, clients and other trades including professionals in the construction industry.
- Providing guidance and solutions, educating the client or clients architect in the possibilities and limitations of our systems.
- Ordering and Coordinating 3D visualisations from 3rd party suppliers
- Ordering and Coordinating fabrication drawing and bills of materials from 3rd party draftsman.
- Taking occasional questions from manufacturers and fitters.
- A willingness/ability to carry out Building and Site surveying including travelling would be an advantage although not essential.
We are seeking someone who has the following key skills
- A strong interest in architecture, drawing and design, with an excellent eye for detail.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- An ability to draw in 3D is desirable but not essential. Strong organisational skills.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Willingness to accept feedback.
Hours of work: our client is willing to discuss this but is looking for someone to work half days.
Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience